Don't miss this opportunity to join the Zicklin Graduate Accounting Society!
Selected candidates will be individually invited for an interview on September 12th, and results will be available two to three days after the interview. Join the ZGAS Executive Board, launch your leadership development and start building your professional network today!
Application Deadline: 11:59 PM, Saturday, September 8th
Interview Date: Wednesday, September 12th
Interview Time: 12:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Location: VC 14-275
Internal Committee of Alumni Relations
Internal Committee of Communications
Internal Committee of Editor-in-Chief
Internal Committee of Event Planning
Internal Committee of Information Technology
Internal Committee of Marketing
Internal Committee of Secretary
Internal Committee of Social Events
Internal Committee of Social Media
Please read the board responsibilities carefully before you submit your application:
All ZGAS Board and Internal Committee Members make the following commitments:
1. Your attendance is expected at all ZGAS board meetings and most ZGAS events unless otherwise informed. If you are unable to attend an event, email your notice of absence at least 24 hours before the event.
2. Fulfill all duties pertaining to your role and be ready to help other Board Members.
3. Arrive at least one-half hour before all events involving recruiters/ special guests.
4. Help clean up after every event.
5. Attend Board meetings with ideas, questions and suggestions.
6. Check emails frequently and be responsive.
7. All Board Members must actively work with their respective IC members. IC members must be proactively helping their VPs.
8. All VPs must report any updates/progress during Board meetings.
9. Every Board member must represent the ZGAS brand of being the best of Baruch. Thus, any communication with recruiters must be done in a professional manner.
1. The VP of Communications must maintain the list of new and old members’ contact information. It is important that all data are accurate and up to date.
2. It is crucial to maintain the ZGAS email account by checking the inbox on a daily basis. Respond to any emails that can be handled by the VP of Communications or forward them to the appropriate Board member.
3. Sign up for other club newsletters and search for relevant information to include in our newsletter.
4. Work with other clubs to help co-market events from both organizations.
5. Send weekly newsletters promptly by Saturday. (in batches of 500 only during a 24-hour period)
6. Closely work with the Editor-in-Chief and VP of Social Media to market any new materials in the newsletter.
7. Explore various platforms to create viewer-friendly newsletters.
8. Incorporate interesting/relevant information in the “Message from ZGAS Board” section, and include as many links and pictures as possible. If the links/pictures are not provided by ZGAS members, do a google search.
9. Make sure that when people click on their emails, they don’t have to scroll down 500 emails (not only it’s inconvenient and decreases the chance of the newsletter being read, it raises the issue of potential privacy leak of students’ personal information)
1. Assist with editing and preparing weekly newsletter.
2. Assist with editing internal and external correspondence.
3. Manage ZGAS Blog, assign events to writers and edit their pieces.
4. Attend events and write blog pieces; draft responsibilities with IC of Editor-in-Chief staff. Post the articles on the blog in a timely manner.
5. Assist other board members such as VP of Event Planning, VP of Marketing with club events by participating in planning committees
6. Edit descriptions of upcoming events which will be included in the newsletter, published on the website and promoted through Blackboard.
7. Assist VP of Communication with editing newsletters on a weekly basis.
1. Coordinate details of all ZGAS events.
2. Obtain budget from Treasurer and adhere to it.
3. Create invitation list for each event with board collaboration.
4. Manage the invitation list for each event (Track who is inviting who, dates invitations were sent, responses received, and follow-ups, etc.)
5. Select catering companies to prepare food for event.
6. Ensure purchase of refreshments for each event.
7. Ensure that appropriate utensils, food supplies and beverages are chosen and brought to each event
8. Plan appropriate seating layout for each event.
9. Request tables, chairs, table numbers from Baruch (GCMC, etc). Double-check the room set-up with Ellen prior to the event.
10. Create event schedules: develop ideas and discuss them with ZGAS Board/conduct voting.
11. Coordinate and monitor event timelines to make sure that deadlines are met.
12. Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize event.
13. Prepare presentations.
14. Choose and ensure the purchase of thank-you cards for professionals and/or speakers.
15. Thank all professionals/speakers personally at the events
16. Ensure written thank-you cards are delivered to professionals and/or speakers
17. Create volunteering list by recruiting ZGAS board and committee members
18. Supervise event set-up
19. Assign duties to volunteers prior to the date of the event (ex. sign-in desk etc)
20. Manage correspondence (such as invitation templates, follow-up templates, and direction templates for professionals, etc.)
21. Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support as well as pre- and post-event evaluations.
22. Keep inventory supplies on hand that can be reused for future events
23. Coordinate with marketing, communications and social media board members on when to send out pre- and post-event announcements
24. Send out debriefs on events that are led or co-led
25. Maintain vendor lists that can be used for future events and share them with VP of Social Events
26. VP of Events will act as a supervisor. The individual should master delegating most of the aforementioned tasks to his/her internal committee and other board members involved in planning the event, and make sure all tasks are accomplished properly on a timely basis. If anyone runs into any problem, VP of Event Planning should step in to take actions/provide valuable advice. All tasks should be completed as a team to resolve the overwhelming complexity of individual effort.
1. Constantly update and maintain the website.
2. Collect form entries and maintain spreadsheet of applicants/forms.
3. Ensure that there are no bad URL links with the website and everything operates under proper conditions.
4. Communicate with other committees/board members to ensure important information is posted on the website.
5. Make sure the website is viewer-friendly, professional, and easy to navigate.
6. Create a visually appealing, useful and informative website.
a. Gives a clear idea about what ZGAS does and who ZGAS Board Members are.
b. Promote upcoming events
c. Encourages students to join ZGAS
d. Provides students with useful information about how to succeed in job search, CPA exam, etc
7. Update the website constantly with new photos, articles, posters, events descriptions, etc.
8. Archive and store old information (events descriptions, posters, blogs….everything)
9. Keep track of the website statistics (number of views, etc) so that we can use it for future promotion, etc
10. Create new registration/RSVP forms, retrieve information in a timely manner into an Excel spreadsheet and provide it to the involved parties.
1. Explore and implement innovative marketing strategies to improve student awareness
2. Design and create marketing materials such as event flyers and posters
3. Work closely with the VP of Social Media, VP of Communications, VP of Social Events, and VP of IT to market ZGAS in various ways
4. Obtain tax exemption form and print flyers and posters for ZGAS events
5. Print name tags for all new officers
6. Print name tags for participants of ZGAS events
7. Take photos of ZGAS events
8. Select, refine and send photos to VP of IT on a timely manner to upload to the ZGAS Website
9. Design and maintain ZGAS brochure
10. Coach Internal Committee Member of Marketing about the responsibilities of VP of Marketing
11. Manage the Blackboard promotions. Obtain a list of classes from Board members. Send a reminder email to all Board members who are responsible for completing massive email outreach to their classes. Follow up to ensure all Board members have sent out the emails accordingly.
1. Attend all board meetings, take meeting minutes and email it to all Board members
2. Send out reminders before deadlines to all members.
3. Maintain full set of documents of daily administrations and every event.
4. Maintain and organize ZGAS Dropbox. Give access to new members ASAP.
5. Maintain ZGAS’s google group account. Add new members to the group ASAP.
6. Back up all the information that we have in dropbox on a hard drive/flash drive and update this info every year. We previously had issues with data being accidentally deleted from Dropbox by mistake. If it’s deleted it can’t be restored (or at least we haven’t figured out how yet)
7. Idea for a project: initiate a succession folder/file in which every VP would give his/her hints about how to best accomplish his/her role, what should be done to succeed and what shouldn’t be done, VP’s responsibilities and instructions for working with various applications/software, etc. Each VP will have its own folder/file which would be shared with the new VP member as soon as he/she gets on Board.
1. Create events for ZGAS to network with professionals and students.
2. Liaison with GSA to maintain a list of upcoming social events for graduate students.
3. Seek out venues that are spacious and priced appropriately for students.
4. Work closely with VP of Alumni Relations, liaisons from other graduate clubs, and recruiters to create fun events for everyone.